Sunday, December 20, 2009

Almost ho ho ho time!

Well folks, it's almost here, whether we want it or not!!

Some years, I'm panicked about Christmas because I haven't finished my shopping, don't know what to get someone, didn't do as much baking - something like that.

Some years, I feel like I haven't done anything right, haven't decorated everything that doesn't move (and a couple that DO move) and I stress out feeling like everyone is going to be upset at me for not doing it right.

This year, I'm not stressed over A N Y T H I N G, which is friggin' amazing!

I don't know how it happened..... I somehow just decided that close enough was good enough on my decorating, not every single thing has to be out every single year. No one will die if I don't make 17 varieties of cookies & candies. The people who get gift cards from us instead of physical presents will not be horribly insulted. I don't need to spend days going through magazines and cookbooks trying to plan the Christmas dinner menu. Everything will be fine, and everyone will have a happy, merry Christmas all the same.

This is a really startling thing, coming from me!

I'm actually trying to follow my doctor's advice to take it easy - I'm only six weeks out of surgery and still healing from that, not to mention that I'm still recovering from chemo & radiation AND having massive fibro flares and near-migraine level headaches and I'm TIRED. Massive exhaustion kind of tired, the kind where I was way too close to dozing off several times driving home from the doctor yesterday. My new habit of falling asleep instantly at random times is more than a bit scary. I zonked out yesterday sitting on a stool at the kitchen counter rolling cookie dough into balls.

I'm getting a reasonable amount of sleep at night, but still so tired during the day that I slept for almost 5 hours when I took a nap. I figured that the bit where I almost fell off the stool was a hint that I needed a nap.

SO, I'm trying to take things really slow, and get my biorhythms back where they belong so I can function normally again. Lots of rest and minimal stress has been officially prescribed, and I am (for once, ha ha) going to try and take them seriously & hope that it helps my never-ending all-over body pain at least a little bit.

At this point, I'll take whatever I can get!! I'm really, really miserable right now, and not enjoying it one bit. Sadly, the gift wrapping, cookie baking, dinner cooking, etc. has to be done right about now so that we're ready for the big day on Friday, A N D our darling Stella girl comes home on Saturday, which means dragging all her things back out and finding places to hide all of the no-nos.

And on Sunday... I will rest, LOL.

Happy Hanukkah!
Merry Christmas!
Feliz Navidad!
Joyeux Noel!
Happy Kwanza!
Season's Greetings!
and the warmest of Hippo Holidays from me!!!
Thank you - all of you - for being out there, reading this, and giving me so much more support than I could ever have imagined.

No comments: