Thursday, January 14, 2010

Change of surgical venue!

Just one quick change, but a very good one, in my opinion - Instead of going to Enloe hospital in Chico, where I had my hysterectomy almost 2 years ago, I will be having this gnarly biopsy at Feather River Hospital up in Paradise, where my Cancer Center is. This is really what I wanted all along, *because* my Cancer Center is there, with all the doctors and nurses who were there through chemo and radiation with me. It's my comfort zone.
Instead of arriving at 8 for a 10:00 procedure on Tuesday morning, I will be arriving at about 6 for an 8:00 procedure. Early morning, but it gets me home earlier, back to my own bed.
So, I'm very pleased with this change, I will have Dr. Mazj within screaming distance, and I'll feel much more comfortable with the entire thing. Every tiny bit helps.
Thanks, everyone, for your support.
My friend JC summed it up quite nicely, I think: "Be annoyed at yet another necessary medical procedure, this time to confirm you're OK." Amen to that!!

No comments: