Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Daddy's Day!!!

With luck, my own Daddy is probably still sleeping right now - as is my darling husband. What better way to celebrate Father's Day?! A good lie-in, as the Brits would say, followed by a good nap or three, maybe find a way for some BBQ and beer in there, and you've got a pretty damned good day, no?

Well, I think so. Oh, I almost forgot - hopefully someone is driving very fast cars in circles too. NOW Daddy's day will be complete!

I hope to get a chance to celebrate with Dad sometime soon. Today, alllllll the kids and I are going to load up into the car and go out to eat with my husband. Luckily, Father's Day falls before they have to leave for the East Coast this year so we can all do something together.

Also, I've got a couple of friends out there who are celebrating their very first Father's Day today - I hope it is incredibly special guys.

Maybe not a lot of words today, but a lot of sentiment behind the few words there are. At this point in my life, I do not know what I would do without my Daddy, I love it when he's able to come up to see me, whether we go out and find an adventure or just hang around the house -and I miss him terribly when he isn't free to come visit.

Happy Father's Day to my D.O.D.!! I miss you & I love you very much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope, no lie in today - awake around 7, breakfast, then got groceries in order to be home in time for those circling cars. Some other cars going straight & very fast right now. There was indeed a beer a while ago & probably Indian food instead of BBQ after your brother arrives later.

But you obviously know my likes & were close enough. And with the pleasant weather, it really is a very nice day.

Have a good time with your crew.

I miss & love you lots too.

d.o.d.

Auntie said...

I miss you both!