Monday, September 5, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again...NOT

See how much better my ARM looks? It's getting those nice yellowy edges just in time to go in tomorrow and get blood drawn out of the *other* ARM for this week's labs.

And, apparently, my body isn't too thrilled with this return to chemo after so long. There were far too many weeks when I was "bumped" thanks to low white cell count - as many as five, if Lloyd and I are remembering correctly - which had me wildly off schedule. Then I had to take my little unplanned three-week "vacation" from chemo while we were dealing with getting the air conditioner fixed (someone just had to be HERE - 3 different times), handling Oliver's surgery, the kids getting back home - you name it.

Well, add up all of that time away from chemo. The answer really isn't pretty.

My system is entirely freaked out now, and it seems like all I can do is either sleep, barf, sleep, lay around, or if I'm having a good time, read. I think the term is "shock to the system," don't you? I think that many weeks of no poison might have affected me a tad.

A week or two of sleeping might set me back to rights, assuming that the lab tech I see tomorrow doesn't leave me with major internal bleeding in my other arm!!!

1 comment:

Pabs said...

When my platelets were falling I was like a spotted owl, not as pretty as yours but I looked like a beaten animal all over, bruises, amazing how much trouble blood can cause, isn't it??????

The good news is the uglier it is (the bruise), the less it hurts, right?

I hope you heal up quickly, you will find, when the uglies go away, they leave no trace that they were once there, the dried blood just gets absorbed into your system. Amazing...