Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Last Post



Stephanie's Obituary in the Chico Enterprise-Record, click here

All,

As the person that Stephanie trusted as her 'CIO' to post to her wonderful blog, I wanted to let you know that Stephanie passed away at 2:30am on September 13th.

Because I don't know many of you, much less how to contact you each personally, I felt you would want to know and this was the only way for me to reach many of you.

I have been given very few details, I will pass them on to you as I was told...

She went into the hospital at 5:00p on the 12th with Pneumonia, as you know her system was weak from all the various other things she was battling. I received a call the next morning informing me that she passed overnight in a hospital in Chico, CA.

If you have questions, please post a reply here and I will try my best to reply if I can with any updates.

Please keep her in your thoughts, I know I will.

We love you and miss you Steph...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
**Update: service/informal gathering for Stephanie, scattering of ashes and if you wish to make a donation 'Memorial Gift' in Stephanie's name**

There was a service on 9/17 and a gathering on 9/18 for Stephanie by family and friends.

Based on her final wishes, she has been cremated and her ashes were scattered in the San Francisco Bay on 9/28/2011. I've included 4 photos, 1 of the boat we went out on in the bay, and 3 (1 at the top) of her ashes as they were scattered. For those of you who are familiar with the area, that is the Golden Gate Bridge in the background.






Lastly, on a somewhat personal note, if you can, please make a donation to the American Cancer Society in her name. Your donation will go to research to fight the disease and to helping people who live with it daily:

https://www.cancer.org/involved/donate/donateonlinenow/index> item #2: Memorial Gift

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am deeply saddened to hear of Stephanie's transition. I will send healing to her and her family/friends. I am Stephanie's yoga teacher at Blue Lotus in Chico.
Namaste, Lisa Marie

Anonymous said...

I am so sad to hear that Steph lost her battle. We were both hoping to get together and do some spinning and knitting, but time and distance as well as her health got in the way. I will miss you so much.
Roxanne in Nevada

Anonymous said...

Pauline,

My deepest condolences to all. Stephanie was a dear friend to may of us, but to you especially. Do you have details on the Livermore get together on Sunday? To echo her recent Facebook post; I'll be there out of friendship, not responsibility.

Jon in Menlo Park

Anonymous said...

There is not much I can say, I am without words and just filled with grief.

I am deeply honored that she was part of my life and enjoyed the times we spent together.

I wish Lloyd, family and friends all the best and the strength needed in these difficult times.

Leipzig, Germany, 15 September 2011

Patrick H. Hagen

Anonymous said...

Damnit, Steph. You deserved better. Glad your suffering is ended even though I know you'd have preferred to keep on ticking for a good while yet. And with your perspective, of course, you had fooled me into thinking you *were* going to be around for a good while yet. RIP

JC

Auntie Cheryl said...

Thanks for the pictures and for the times you helped with the blog Pauline. You are a good friend and Stphanie loves you so much. Yep, I said loves, I believe it goes on...

Anonymous said...

I love you Stephanie. I think of you every day. First thought when I wake up in the morning. Pea, Sparky, and Stella miss you too. Oliver is miserable without you; there is no one to give him all the attention he wants. He has been coming downstairs more now, though. I'm on the junior roller derby team now. Emily taught me to do a waltz jump, too, which I am very proud of myself for landing. A while ago there was a Relay for Life, and I was crying like a little kid. I dyed my hair red. Oh, and I've decided I want to go to MIT and I want to become an engineer. Haha, I want to study math. You hate math so much. I think I accidentally tweeted for you, sorry about that. Anyway,I probably shouldn't be going on and on in a comment on your blog, but I just really miss you. I could really use one of your hugs about now. I love you!!
Anna Irwin