Friday, July 29, 2011

Before.... (and eventually after)

Did I need to start another of my crazy home renovation projects, that always take longer than planned; never go quite as planned; and transport me to a parallel universe while I'm working on them? Oh, and in a 5' x 7' (short wall), 8' (long wall) tiny little water closet with no ventilation at all.

The answer is probably no.
Yet....the other answer is probably yes! Things like this are good for me from time to time - something physical and creative with a finite product having been created at the end.

Wish me luck! Lime green paint, here I come! 8-P
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4


Quick addendum-slash-product-endorsement -
As I get started, I'm trying to be smart and get all my materials together, and plan out my project before I just dive in. (this is a new approach for me) I bought a couple of rolls of that new "Frog Tape" stuff they're advertising, and, in this new organized mode, tested it out before I had taped off the entire room. (See how good I'm being?)

Holy crap.

It actually WORKS!!! Straight lines! No paint seep! Damn!! Why didn't they have this stuff when I painted Anna's entire bedroom in alternating-height, alternating-3-color-combination sets of horizontal marine blue stripes and nearly ripped my hair out?

Anyway - Frog Tape. It's neon green. Go to the website and read the directions for using it on a textured wall, and it really, truly works.
End product endorsement.

2 comments:

Auntie said...

Ok I wish you luck and have fun doing it! I love projects. Did you get the flowers for the wall that you wanted?

Stephanie said...

Yup! 2-ft tall Gerbera daisies, and some not 2-ft tall ones too. Wall decals are unbelievably cool these days. I spend enough time in that little cell, it might as well be pretty!!! LOL