Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A day of rest...sorta...


Ok, this wasn't the day of rest I'd envisioned. With Dr. and dentist appointments every other day of this week, I'd planned that today was going to be my resting and relaxing; knitting and spinning; reading and writing day. Sounded good, huh?

You know what they say about the best laid plans....

I guess the good side is, I got LOTS of sleep and bed rest. Lots and lots and lots. The bad side was, well.....I woke up maybe a half house after to going to sleep, projectile vomiting. Mondo fevers-as high as 104.3-and sweats (by this morning, my skin was covered in fine salt!), massive body aches and pains in different places, diarrhea, you name it. It wasn't until somewhere after 3:30 or4 that I was able to get up and STAY up long enough to take a shower, crawl downstairs to get a couple things. Now, THAT wore me flat out for hours.

I'm used to feeling like I've been beaten, but this pain was new. If it would have stayed on the lower right, where it's been a lot of the time, I was going to make Lloyd take me to the ER for an appendix check-in. Luckily (ha ha), it moved all over the place and felt far less appendix-ish and my fever was going down, slowly, but surely. I wasn't able to drink liquids last night, so it wasn't until after I took my shower this afternoon and drank some water that I was able to get my temp down into a normal range.

So, after sleeping nearly all day-I think I've been "up," but still active-ish, so I'm drained enough to head to bed.




1 comment:

Jaime said...

I think they took your appendix when they took the cysts off your ovaries the first time. I don't think you have one.

Check with your surgeon or Dr. Newman? I'm 99.99 percent sure they are gone.

Love
Mom