Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Nothing terribly interesting...

Just sort of plodding along...it's all about still getting life back together, and getting started on my first round of check ups.

I had my 1-month-post-chemo CT scan this week. I made the trek up the mountain & showed up for it yesterday, only to discover that someone, somewhere along the line, was supposed to have given me a bunch of barium contrast solution to drink and told me to do things like fast before the test....and no one had. So, they corrected THAT problem, posthaste, rescheduled me for today and sent me away with lots of nasty stuff to drink.

Now, I'm fighting off something of some sort......some type of sniffly, congested head kind of thing that has to go away before Friday. Friday, I have an appointment with Feather River's dental department to try and take care of some of this massive damage happening in my mouth. Apparently, the chemo took its toll on my teeth as much as it did on everything else, and I've got a definite abscess going on at least one side.

Monday, I go see Dr. Mazj for a post-chemo check up, and later that week, a radiation check up. Just having to get up and be somewhere is exceptionally disturbing! It's hard mentally because it feels like getting up and going to radiation or chemo again.

Physically, I'm very, very tired. Very tired. Figure in the part where I'm fighting off a cold or something, and you've got the whole picture.

I go sleep now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just keep on 'plodding' along. Take it slow and easy and sleep as often as you feel the need. I have a friend dealing with breast cancer and it has been close to a year since her treatment ended and she is plodding along at times still. She tells me that plenty of rest is the key. So listen to your body....rest and treat yourself as you would a guest in your home. Your needs are the most important right now. Give yourself time to regenerate. Love ya kid, Annie