Saturday, July 11, 2009

Oh, how time flies when you're sleeping too much...








HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAWN!!
Here's wishing the happiest of days to someone who deserves it most.
You held my virtual
hand through the hardest weeks of my entire life and I'll never forget that.
You deserve the best!
XOXOXO

Sleeping too much, but not sleeping enough...that's pretty much the theme this week! I am SO tired! I don't have any good reason to be so tired, but there you have it. I doze off at the computer, on the couch, hell, even in the bathroom. About the only place I don't doze off is the shower, thank god.

Getting up with Stella in the wee hours might have something to do with it, but I'm not sure. One MIGHT think I'd be used to that by now. But, no, I just keep wanting nothing but sleep when I try to sit and read a book or anything else that doesn't require being on my feet moving. Might not be so bad, but I have a lot of things I want to do, like read books and knit, and things I need to do, and they aren't getting done.

Anyway...Grand Revelation of the Week time: I have decided that the thing I hate most in the entire world right now is selfish people. It used to be that the thing I hated most was bigoted, intolerant people - and I sure as hell still do - but I've decided that being bigoted and intolerant is a type of selfishness, so it all works out.

But anyway, I'm pissed as hell at selfish people. You all know the type - the ones who are pretty well convinced that they are the only beings to inhabit this planet; or at least the only ones worth noticing; so therefore they can do as they please, when they please, and expect us all to just bow to their wishes at all times. If they don't like what you have done, said, written, THOUGHT, well then, you are WRONG, wrong, wrong my friend. Sometimes you will be treated to a very long and detailed explanation of just how you are wrong, with one type of Selfish Little Shit (hereafter known as SLS) or, sometimes you will simply be shown, via words, nasty looks, rolled eyes, or other body language how utterly stupid and wrong you are, and how pathetic it is that you tried.

So, can you tell I've been getting pissed off at some SLSs lately? To be clear, I did mean that in the plural, and no, I am not going to discuss who these SLSs are. We'll let them remain anonymous for now.

I'm just tired, tired, tired of that kind of behavior! I know I'm really far from perfect, and I can be a crabby, short-tempered bitch at times. But, at the same time, I really go out of my way to be a nice person, to be thoughtful and considerate, and to treat people well and fairly. I give gifts, whether for occasions or they are just small tokens for no reason, to be nice. I say please and thank you ALL the time, even when I'm irritated or angry. I feel that is necessary, whether I'm talking to a relative, a clerk at a store, or even "asking" (aka telling) a child to do a chore or task.

I am trying very hard to teach my kids the same principles, because *I* selfishly think they are important. In one case, I think it's working.

Now, don't get me wrong - there are times when selfishness is essential. Sometimes, we need to be very selfish in order to get the time we need to take care of ourselves when we are usually taking care of others, or to learn to say "no" to that one more favor that would put you over the tipping point to insanity. Lots of good reasons, yes, but even in those, polite, proper behavior is mandatory.

The kind of selfishness that is making me so crazy is the kind where the person in question speaks, acts, behaves as if they are either the most important person in the universe; or they are actually the ONLY person in the universe, and therefore their behavior doesn't have any effect on anyone else.

That is what gets me, right there. Your behavior does affect others, like when everyone else is ready, and must wait on you, when dinner is on the table getting cold because you can't be bothered to come down until 10 minutes after you were told, when you criticize someone's way of doing things because your way is the only proper way, when you make significant decisions without consulting anyone else (in cases where others have a definite stake in the outcome), when you make rude comments to or about someone because they have thoughts and opinions you disagree with, and especially, when all of the rules that apply to others DO NOT apply to you - in YOUR head only - because you are YOU! Wow! It must be wonderful to live in THAT fantasy world, huh?

We all know people like this, right? I just finally realized yesterday that they were the cause of a lot of the stress in my life. That is unacceptable!

See, I'm not allowed to have stress. I have enough stress from medical issues that there isn't room in my life for any other kind. Since I don't get a vote on whether or not I have the medical stress, I have to rule out all other kinds.

If only it were really that easy, right? I can say I'm banning all SLSs from my life and mean it, but I can't quite practically 100% do that. I'm going to damned well try, but sometimes there are slight issues there. You all know what I mean. Well, maybe not all, because some of you reading may have recognized yourself in those descriptions up there... I'm not going to say I'm sorry, because I'm not - I fully understand that my rants may lose me some readers here and there!!

Anyway.....rant completed. I'm trying to get back to a nice zen-like place now. It's time for some yoga (puppy-assisted yoga, the best kind), then time to start getting things together to head out to the lake with Aimee & Em. It's shaping up to be a gorgeous day out there, so it should be beautiful lakeside! I need to make friends with someone who owns a boat so I can get out ON the lake someday!

Hope everyone's having a wonderful Saturday!

No comments: