Monday, July 20, 2009

Yep, still sick; plus more Small Town Stupidty

Still sick, in fact, even more sick than I was before. When I talked to Lorrie this morning (Andy's wife & nurse practitioner) I actually asked her how we would go about finding out if it was swine flu - told her it was my hypochondriac moment for the day!

She took me seriously though, told me that the powers that be will only test you if they can document that you were exposed to someone with a confirmed case. Now, that seems kind of silly to me in general, but whatever. She said to treat it as if it was - which means, treat it like any big, bad, nasty flu that is making you beyond miserable. Rest, fluids, etc. We all know the drill!

So I am resting, and taking care of myself. That's about all there is to report.

Meanwhile, Small Town Stupidity!

"Newspaper is rolled too tight
It's hard enough to read the newspaper as it is, being as it's so long and narrow. So why is it now being rolled tightly together with a rubber band? That makes it even more impossible and unmanageable." July 20, 2009

"Name street after Jackson
The late, great Michael Jackson deserves far more than just a national holiday in his honor. How does Michael Jackson Street grab you?" July 20, 2009

2 comments:

Pabs said...

re: 'Name street after Jackson', does this person want a street named in your town after a him? Really?

Stephanie said...

Dude, do NOT underestimate the stupidity of people up here. Seriously. There's stuff like this in the paper EVERY SINGLE DAY. Naming a street after Michael Jackson is mild.