Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ch ch ch ch ch- changes....


I hate change. Really, I do. Change is bad. But, Google gave me cool new blogging tools and backgrounds and I plan to use them to express my overall blogging mood for the day. Evolve or go extinct, like that dude there, right?

There are actually going to be a lot of changes coming down the pike, so be ready for it, people. I do not take change lightly (you might already know that about me by now!) but, it's time.

First will be a change to my email address. I will not be ditching my beloved Blue Blvd, but I'll be changing my personal email name. That is going to be given out to friends only and not randomly strewn about the internet as my current name has been. A decade of domain ownership, small business ventures, association memberships and lord knows what else has left me miserable. I dread looking at my email! When I came home from vacation, I had an inbox with well over 600 messages waiting for me. On average, about 8 or 10 of those will be directly for me, something I did subscribe to, or at least not spam. Those numbers just don't add up for me.

So, the old one will remain up and collecting spam for quite some time while I make sure everything that should be moved gets moved. Then I'll convert over to a private address @blueblvd.com, for use with all y'all, and a "business transactions" gmail address for things like registering on websites, signing kids up for things and all those other random things that come up where I don't want to give out my private contact just yet.

Anyone like the new blog background? I kind of like the idea of changing it to reflect the mood of the post. New look, new names, new blogging ideas, the whole enchilada. I want to make some changes, and this is a good place to start. Good as any, I guess!

So, the update on me today is that I feel crappy. NOT as crappy as I have on other occasions, such as last night, but I feel like hell. I had the Taxol chemo (low dose, ha ha) and the Neulasta follow-up shot, and if there's a side effect possible for either of them, I got it. I've also felt like I'm getting a bit of a cold or flu on top of those. Last night and today was a really fun lymphedema adventure, but I'm better now.

Most of my today has been sadness and worry for others. One of those stories is not mine to tell, so all I will say is - it's on the way, so hang on tight!

The other concerns my dear Auntie. As you might have figured out from reading my blog, my Auntie has never met a stranger, and never failed to make a friend. She is the kindest person on the planet and has an entire galaxy of friends. Those friends become part of her heart, and losing one of them is almost a physical injury.

I just found out today that one of my Auntie's dearest friends (I'll call her J.) went into hospice a couple days ago. I know that Cheryl will be there with her almost night and day while J finishes this last bit of her dance with this disgusting, insidious fucker called cancer.

I haven't met J, but I've discovered that I'm devastated all the same. I can't fix anything for J, I can't make my Auntie or any of her friends any less sad, I can't give some little kids back their mom, nothing. So, all I can do is be sad with them all, and send every bit of good karma I can spare speeding off to Southern California.

I know I can count on all of you to do the same.
I also know that I'll be counting each and every one of you when I count the stars to go to sleep tonight. All of you are what keep *me* going. Love you all.

1 comment:

Pabs said...

I think the new background is a little dark if we're to see the stuff on the left or right navigation areas? Otherwise, I agree, change and surprises aren't real high on my list either, probably because the change and surprise that greeted me about a year ago was both a change and a suprise...ANYway, I hope you ride out your post poison days, know that you will be just a little better each day till they dunk you again, the breast cancer and stand up for cancer folks are now all coming out of the woodwork, joy. If they all only knew what it was really like...Hang in there~P