Saturday, April 11, 2009

A virtual vacation....and WOW!

This is just a very short blurb to lead you all on an African Safari, thanks to Darcy.

This is a live webcam pointed at a watering hole in Botswana called Pete's Pond.  A few minutes ago, Darcy and I just watched a young bull elephant get his evening drink and dirt-bath at the watering hole before crashing off through the brush.  It's evening there now, and from my experience yesterday, what you see and hear after dark is a lot of bugs flying around, lots of little birds wandering around the shoreline, and random splashes in the distance that your imagination goes wild on, thinking of what might be making the splashes!

I just wanted to share that with you.  If the link above doesn't work for some reason (something facebook-related, for example!), you can go to National Geographic.com and search in the video section for Pete's Pond, Mashatu Game Reserve, Botswana.  I found it very easily that way.

That's all for today.  Nothing much has changed since yesterday.

{The section above was written on Saturday.}
NOW, it's Sunday, and of course it's Easter.
With all thanks to my friend Alex for the verbiage (those of you who know Alex will understand, and those who don't will be deeply offended, sorry), I wish everyone a *very* happy Zombie Baby Jesus Day.

All is well and happy here--the sun is shining, it is warm and gorgeous outside, my doggies are happy (Pea and Stella did some serious playing this morning, and Pea was having a ball!), my children are happy with their little bit of Easter joy, since everyone is too old for the bunny now, my darling husband was happy with his Easter basket I made him as a surprise, Conner had a great time on his camping trip, my baby girl is sound asleep on a doggie bed, and all is well.  Ahhhhhh........................  :-)

1 comment:

Jaime said...

I can never get facebook stuff to work, but I'll find it on National Geographic tomorrow.

I'm glad you had a good day and the puppy did too. *g*

With luck the box I sent will show up tomorrow or Tuesday. Getting to the UPS place while they are open is a challenge.

Keep getting stronger.

Love you
Mom