Sunday, December 28, 2008

Long time no post, again.

Let's see if I can master "short and sweet," or at least "short."

I am very, very sick. I started to lose my voice on Christmas. Thought it was just from talking too much. Still no voice, hurts even to whisper. I also have a big glob of goop living in my chest that likes to rise up in the morning, and a big glob in my head that likes to trickle down around the same time. Other times of the day, when I try desperately to cough and get some of this crap out of me, forget it. I can't move a thing from either head or chest, and the slightest attempt hurts like scraping my throat with broken glass. The goop in question is brown, not green and infect-y, so your guess is as good as mine.

In other news, the new diabetes med Andy gave me on Tuesday is not helping, at all. In fact, it's hurting in very, very major ways--I have almost every side effect listed on the labeling, including the passing out, dizziness, severe disorientation (to the level of not being able to tell if I'm dreaming or if it's real) and loss of vision. The labeling says "Blurry vision," but mine is worse than that. I can sort of see with my glasses on , but it's iffy.

The way things are going, I have a very strong suspicion that my appointment on Tuesday for "chemo education" at the cancer center is going to result in the center personnel cancelling my scheduled radiation & chemo start dates and putting it on hold until I don't seem quite so diseased and disfunctional. I am not happy about that idea, but that's what I fear will happen. Stay tuned on that one.

Otherwise, Christmas really was great. The kids had a great one, and so did I. I got waaaaaay too much and I love it all. Daddy and Chris came up to stay over, which was great--I had no idea Chris played piano now. He needs to come visit more often! Jason & Chrissy also brought the kids and I genuinely enjoyed having all of them here. Even though it was total chaos at times, I was really, really happy. Everyone helped me, and I didn't feel overwhelmed with what I had to do, even with the stupid radiation appointment. Christmas morning, Jason made a delicious breakfast!!! Yum, he can come cook over here more often. Our neighbors, Jamie & Jamie, came over for brunch, which made it even more fun. Dad got to meet some of the folks that we count on to have our backs up here.

And, in the middle of everything, our other neighbors, Gregg & Amy, were busy having a baby girl, so we were feeding their gorgeous labbie dog. Presley Rae made her entrance ON Christmas Day, so we're never going to forget her birthday!

The radiation appointment on Christmas Eve sucked, but I saw a bald eagle on the way up to Paradise. Go figure. Once I was there, I got to visit the linear accelerator, have one of my tattoos redone (it disappeared into my skin) and got to see how the lasers line up with the tattoos and stuff. Whatever...

I honestly have to stop writing this now, because my vision is going. I have to close one eye while wearing my glasses, and even then it's screwy. I'm slightly hungry and exceptionally tired and ready to pass out (again) so off I go. More when I can make more sense!

No comments: