Monday, December 1, 2008

The (sorta) good news & the (sorta) bad news

Well, the (sorta) good news is that my oncologist is very anxious to get me started on radiation.

The (sorta...or maybe more than "sorta") bad news is that I am NOT going to see him on Wednesday as originally scheduled.

His office called to cancel me again; his office manager says he wants to talk to me on the phone, and wants to get me into radiation asap. Ok... he is less concerned with seeing me in person, now that the evil hole has healed up, than with getting the radiation started (good), but, now I'm left kind of hanging in limbo again (bad).

In theory, he's done all the research, and is ready to set me up with a radiation oncologist up here in the north state (good), but I have to wait for him to have a hole in his surgical schedule this week to call me on the phone and talk about when, where and who (bad). Meanwhile, I am also still having waaaaaaaay more pain on a daily basis than I think is normal at this stage (bad), so I need to talk to him about that, and his PA mentioned that nasty "chemo" word (bad), so I have to ask him about that, and the PA was waiting until after this visit to write my letter for the attorney helping me with disability. So, lots of things hanging = bad.

And no visit to the oncologist on Weds means no Mexican food in Hayward on Weds. B A D !!!

And that takes us to here and now, after two cups of strong coffee, I am now in anxiety-attack mode while highly caffeinated. Lovely! And my house is a wreck and I have two out of three children home from school sick!

I'm going to go take a shower now. Someone listen for the phone for me, please.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

I probably shouldn't comment on any of the bad news parts of this post, because frankly, I'm not thrilled with any of it.

So...

Winter arrived here today. It snowed off and on all day, though all of it is still melting as soon as it touches the ground. I don't expect that to last long.

And I finished the revisions my agent requested today and sent those back to her. With luck, she won't want any other changes. I'd really like to never rewrite this book again. Not unless there is a check involved. *g*

Love you
Mom