Monday, December 22, 2008

Quick update

Well, there's not a lot to report, which is ok.
I had my "positioning simulation" visit thing up at the center. They made the vacuum bag leg-form, did a CT scan, and gave me three tiny dot tattoos.
The biggest of the three is about the size of three of those white snow globe dots to the left put together. I've decided that one is a tattooo of Who-ville. The other two, which are even smaller, are individual Whos.
It was a rather uneventful event overall, which is always good. That was Friday. I go back tomorrow for my chemo consultation with a visit out to see Andy afterwards. That will be a hell of a day driving, but it has to be done. Next up will be a simulation exercise to do further positioning (which I really don't understand...not sure what else they need to do) on the 2nd, and actual treatments starting the 5th for five weeks.
Until after the consult tomorrow, I have just as many questions as all the rest of y'all do, so still no approximate dates on head shaving.
Since the appointment, things have been pretty low-key, with a visit from Ken and Dad on Friday and some dog-sitting for my favorite gray babies across the street and the predictable holiday festivities like wrapping and baking and cooking. Anna is once again saving my butt on everything. I am very, very tired, but having a whole lot of trouble getting to sleep at night.
The next few days are going to be very difficult in both trying to get things done and in trying not to push myself too far. Tomorrow is a complete loss between the two doctor's appointments, but I'm trying to keep it all in perspective.
After all, once treatment starts, it's like back to "post-op" behavior, where resting is the primary activity of every day. Bleh...
Time to try and get some sleep in preparation. Let's all hope that the fog isn't too thick, or I'm going to be in trouble!! Snow and slush I can handle, but fog is a big problem...

No comments: