Thursday, December 18, 2008

Off to the dance...

Tonight is the Sycamore Middle School Holiday Dance. For once, my little one wanted to dress up and have her hair curled like a girly girl.

The results were predictably adorable.

She looks gorgeous...and much too old!! I gave her her Christmas dress early, for the occasion, and a hair clip I'd made years ago with tiny mylar gift bows on it. To finish the outfit, I glued another pair of tiny bows to some earring findings so she had the complete set.

I had originally planned to spend my day wrapping things, and then I decided I was going to goof off and play with yarn all day.

I probably would have got more rest and less work done if I'd gone with the wrapping!! As it was, I spent my entire day helping tidy up around the house for company tomorrow. I haven't touched a single piece of yarn all day long.

Somewhere in the middle of everything, I managed to finish rehabbing my nativity scene. Not bad for something Mom found at Kresges and I fixed up with leftover California mission pieces and quilt batting.

Much later...the dance and dance "look" were big successes. Other girls were jealous of her earrings. Yay.

Back up to Paradise tomorrow to get positioned and tattooed in the wet, snowy, icky weather. Well, I hope its snowy. I have chains, all weather tires, 4WD and good boots. Now all I need is a really good night's sleep and for my stomach to settle down. Let's all cross our fingers.
Night night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie she is. You have lots of boy fun ahead of you. :D

d.o.d.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Anna looks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I can see your fashion influence, great color, great boots! Did she have more or less primp time than we used to use before the dances? Does this mean you've already started planning for prom????? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I have to add this to my last post..

'What about prom, Blane? '