Sunday, December 7, 2008

Pretty paint!!

The paint is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have tried about 20 times, or more, to fix the formatting in this post and I give up. I don't care anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!







And my doggie got cold, so a very silly little girl buried her in pillows.




Now for the new paint photos...











This is the "breakfast nook" part of the kitchen, which I use as the Mission Control of the household. We left the wall with the sliding glass door white, but now it's an ultra-white semi-gloss, instead of an eggshell/oyster-ish flat that gets marked up if you even look at it funny.


I did add one last minute creative touch though--I had him paint the moulding that outlines the sliding door in the same color as the "media niche" in the dining room. We never put any sort of window covering on it because of the way the moulding frames the door. I just couldn't figure a way to put something there that would look decent, AND I decided in the end that I liked the bright wash of light into the kitchen and had no need to cover it up. It's not like we walk around naked in the kitchen or something!

On to the dining room...the wall with the window is the same back wall as the sliding door. I have pumpkin walls now! I love the pumpkin walls with the white glossy fireplace and hearth. The niche is one shade darker than the walls, to kind of visually flatten the wall.

The living room is gray on 3 walls--the back, long side and short wall where the tv is. It's kind of a light-Eeyore color. It's a warm gray, soft and fluffy looking like a bunny, rather than brown-based and dingy looking. Very important distinction.

I've tried to get a close-up of the gray next to the white so you can see the actual color itself. Might show up, might not.


The colors of the couch, pillows, pictures, etc. really pop against the gray walls, and it the color doesn't make the room darker at all. I don't have the valences up yet, but I can't wait to see it.



Our bedroom is a light capri blue. It feels like being in the sky. I wanted something that was light and airy, cool and relaxing, without being cold.


I do have to get a new bedspread though. Ours is kind of trashed anyway, and now the greenish-blue spread looks kind of odd against the blue-blue walls.

Funny, I never dreamed I'd paint a room blue on purpose, much less my bedroom, but here we are.

There is still a lot of remantling to be done (for those who didn't get my silly joke-it's the opposite of dismantling) around here, but we're making good progress. We're doing some minor furniture re-arranging while we're at it, being creative and getting ready for Christmas decorations.

In other news, I am feeling pretty ok today. I am exhausted, without a doubt, but the meds seem to be working really well, and I made it through my day.
That's a pretty significant improvement. When I was an hour and a half late taking my pain meds this evening, my body let me know in a really big way. Overall, so far, so good.

The formatting of this post with all the photos is driving me slightly insane, so the rest of this will probably just be a long string of pictures. I'm waaaay too tired to care.











No comments: