Thursday, December 11, 2008

Radiation Update!

Well, at least there is a little to report today.
Pat from the cancer center at Feather River called this morning, like I hoped she would, and I have an appointment Monday afternoon for my initial consultation with Dr. Barkley, the radiation oncologist. At that time, it will supposedly be determined if I need to have a meeting with the medical oncologist about chemo.

Maybe I'm just being optimistic, but it didn't *sound* from what she said that it was terribly likely that they were going to recommend chemo based on what they know about me now.

I am, however, supposed to bring in all my CT and x-ray films, and there is a possibility that they will do additional scans, possibly PET or MRI scans. I believe they use those to get the most precise positioning of the radiation. I guess we'll find out.

Speaking of positioning, I know that they do still use tattooing to mark you for positioning. Hmm....I wonder if the person doing the marking has any artistic talent at all... I mean, I'm not expecting something major, but it would be seriously cool if they could mark me with a tiny star or something instead of just a dot.

Hey, I'm always looking for a bright side here people.

Anyway, that's all I know right now, but it is good stuff, because it means I don't have much longer to wait before I get something going on again.

All I have to do now is get pictures of Charles Barkley in a lab coat out of my head....
Off to get my hair done. Relaxing frivolous feel-good fun time. :-)

No comments: