Sunday, November 30, 2008

On destroying your house, on purpose

Yes folks, just about a year after we got the house in order (we moved in late August; I was determined to have it done for Christmas) we are destroying it. Temporarily, but making a giant mess nonetheless. This year, we're having the entire place painted (save for children's caves) over three days next week, and then we have to put the entire place back together--you guessed it--in time for Christmas. That is my goal. Oof, indeed.

After overdoing it on Thursday and Friday, I paid dearly yesterday. I also managed to get some sort of stomach bug thingy and spent the entire day in bed, very close by the bathroom. I'm better today, so we were able to get the majority of the massive dismantling done today, with the help of the kids. Having largish boys helps a lot, since I can't move anything heavier than about 5 lbs without pain.

Of course, now I'm IN pain, so I quit for the day. I'm going to goof off and read and do nothing else useful now. After a day of activity, like shopping or something, I usually start hurting pretty good around dinner time. Today, I'm already there and it's only 2:00, so I'm taking that as a pretty broad hint.

In other news, the tiny knitted, felted snowmen are coming out beautifully. I finished one already, and totally forgot to take a picture of it before gifting it away. Oops. I'll do better on the next one!

Time to go read my snake book and find more useless facts to post for you.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

While destroying your house, please do not destroy yourself. Moving and getting back into the swing of things is good, don't get me wrong.

Moderation would be good though. Use those large boys in your house to the fullest. *g*

Love you
Mom