Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Day After

The above image reflects my feelings toward the outcome of the presidential election, senate elections nationwide, and *most* of California's propositions. The image below, however, reflects my feelings toward the all-but-certainly-confirmed passage of Prop 8 in California. I don't have a graphic of the pig or cow screaming and ripping its hair out.
Yes, it's a public forum, but it's MY blog, so I would just like to say that Prop 8 really, thoroughly sucks beyond all belief, and I'm very disappointed that the people of my state turned out to be such bigoted morons en masse to vote the damned thing in. So there. (no offense, but...I'm pissed off, sorry) To my friends who are directly affected, I am so, so sorry, and so sad. We tried, we really did.

Otherwise, I tried really hard last night to explain to the kids just what an historic election it really was. I explained that I actually never thought (read: never had enough faith in the rest of the country to get it in gear) that I'd see a black president or vice president, or a female president or vice president in my lifetime, and in this election, we were guaranteed at least one of the above. It was worth breaking out the good crystal champagne flutes and the sparkling cider for everyone once it seemed a done deal. The boys seem to understand the magnitude, and maybe even the little one. They definitely will when they're older, and I am proud that I got to see it in my lifetime. Wow. My generation didn't see the man land on the moon, but we're definitely having our moments.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, we are still sick. Very sick. I was up at 3 am with the next phase of Martian Death Flu. In this episode, the disease has moved into my head and sinuses and ears and is working its way down toward my chest. I am taking my Walmart cold & flu multi-symptom liqui-gels on a regular schedule, along with a generous sudafed chaser, and that dulls it for short periods

I am really, so very, beyond utterly sick and tired of sick and tired. Where is the magic pill? I had my flu shot, damn it. We all did, but apparently there is no vaccine for this one. I don't think I can get radiated if I've got the flu, nor would it be a good idea. I'm also still having quite a bit of pelvic pain, below the incision, and lots of edema that aches. I don't feel like my nasty little hole has closed itself up much yet, and I really need that to happen so I can get the radiation over with. I know, whine, bitch, moan.


Again, patience is not my strong suit.

2 comments:

darcy said...

I agree with your sentiments on prop 8 even though because of my job i am not supposed to express my feelings publicly. so instead i can just say ditto to yours

Anonymous said...

I have seen man land on the moon (because I am old) and a black man become president and now I need to see Hillary as Secretary of State. Prop 8 is such a disappointment and it may, sadly, answer the question of what the last great prejudice will be.