Sunday, November 9, 2008

Long time, no blog

I guess there hasn't been a lot to talk about... It's been a fairly blah week of feeling more than just fairly blah. It's been pretty icky, actually. Martian Death Flu continues to make life unpleasant, but not quite as miserable as it was a few days ago. There were a few really ugly days in there.

Today, I overdid it. Yup, in a big way. Well, I guess I started by going to Walmart (and Lowes and Home Depot and Michaels and Jack in the Box) yesterday, coming home and making dinner, and then going to Safeway today, along with supervising a very large amount of cleaning and organizing activities and then cooking a big dinner. And then I wonder why I'm swollen up like a big lumpy balloon and miserable...

But, I did accomplish several things on The List. See, The List has developed in response to the fact that I may end up in radiation during the weeks leading up to Christmas. I feel like I have to get a huge jump start on Christmas because I strongly suspect that once I start radiation, I'll be totally useless. So much to do, so little time, and so little energy...but I'm trying.

Having cancer has totally screwed up enough of this year for the kids, it doesn't need to screw up Christmas too...or at least as little as possible. This is my "honeymoon" period of starting to feel semi-human (in between Death Flu attacks) before the radiation knocks me on my ass again, so, so, so, so...........................

However, I have learned my lesson, and I will spend tomorrow on very sedentary List activities. I promise.

I hope.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

So you know the puppy cam link I sent you? Sit and watch that for a few hours. Trust me on this one, puppies make everything better.

Rest, do not kill yourself trying to make Christmas a multi-media extravaganza. Think--puppies.

Really, puppies are much better than crazed shopping. Honest and truly.

Knit if you truly need to keep busy somehow. Work on the book so your mother can read it.

Or...puppies. *g*

Love you
Mom