Monday, November 24, 2008

Same old, same old

Now, doesn't that look cozy? It's starting to get cold up here in the mornings. And I know what you're thinking and my dogs are not spoiled. Geez.

Today was an oh-so-thrilling day of cleaning out all the accumulated Christmas loot in the walk-in closet and sorting it by recipient and figuring out if we were done shopping yet. The answer is, almost. Really almost! Yes, prepare to hate me, but after a little online cruising today, I think I might actually be entirely done shopping before December 1.

HAH! Take that, holidays.

It's kind of a cool feeling, actually. Of course, I have radiation hanging over my head, so there was a real motivation to getting it all done, but still. I'll get to spend the month of December resting, surviving radiation, and just decorating, baking and enjoying the holidays as much as my body will let me. It sounds good to me anyway.

Today's pain-o-meter registers about the same as yesterdays. Last night was hell. I was up till 2 am having one of those intense fibro attacks where strands of my hair touching my neck felt like branding irons. Branding irons with barbs. I had to change clothes twice to find something soft enough not to make me want to cry, could not get comfortable and was generally miserable until my sleeping pill finally kicked in and let me pass out for a few hours.

The weird pain in my leg & groin area from yesterday is a little bit less severe, but still there. I really wish all those weird nerve connections would make up their minds what in gods name they want to do and get it over with. I'm entirely sick of both the stabbing pains and the very sore tender areas that feel almost like severe bruises, or a new surgical injury.

It's been frustrating as hell, because it's like I backslid or something. I was semi-functional, and now I'm back sitting on my butt, having trouble climbing the stairs (a lot of trouble) and needing to ask everyone for help. It sucks!

Otherwise.......I've been having a great time fiddling on Facebook and reconnecting with people I haven't seen or talked to in as much as 20 years. In some cases, it's a total, complete trip. [Mom! I'm talking to Misty! How cool is that?!] The support and good wishes I'm getting from everyone is really good for my brain right now. It's a big lift, even when Jason starts quoting really scary Journey and Rush lyrics. No matter what, Jason has always made me giggle.

At least I'm keeping myself entertained...only 9 more days till oncology. I'm trying not to count.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Done shopping!? I'm jealous. I won't even be done by new years. :)

Next year, Mexico! And ignoring the whole thing. :)

d.o.d.