Monday, November 17, 2008

Movie reviews...

Health-wise, there is little to report, aside from the fact that I am swollen, exhausted and achy. In addition to the normal cancer-aches, I've been having a very bad fibro weekend. Ow. Death Flu has largely receded, leaving only a few occasional yucky coughs and stuff.

And, I am happy to report that I managed to eat very decent amounts of food yesterday. I am less happy to report that my intestines are not pleased with this and are working diligently to eject it all, but we'll take what little victories we can get.

Otherwise, things have been quiet. Saturday's family movie night movie was "Kung Fu Panda." Trevor loved it, Conner said it was so-so, Lloyd found one or two good laughs at the very end and Anna didn't like it. I fell asleep about a half hour in, which should tell you about what I thought of it.

"Madagascar 2," however, was another story entirely. We went to the movies yesterday and all ached from laughing so much when we were done. People magazine only gave it two stars. Hah! It might have been funnier than the first one. The penguins and King Julian stole the show, of course, but that's fine with me. Sacha Baron Cohen brings that kind of frenetic insanity to the movie that Robin Williams had in the original "Aladdin." Of course, if you're looking for high-quality artistic cinema, you'd be entirely in the wrong place. Hypochondriac giraffes and a great "Twilight Zone" spoof involving a lemur, check. We'd give it a very strong 5 thumbs up for pure silliness.

That's about it from my part of the planet...

No comments: