Friday, November 21, 2008

And another day...

And yes, still sleepy.
I had a very eventful day of getting my nails done, getting my phone fixed at the Verizon store (read: waiting, then waiting some more), doing some Christmas shopping since I was stuck at the mall waiting for Verizon, and doing a short Walmart run. That about knocked me out, and now I'm making dinner for the gang, with one extra little girl spending the night with Anna.

Yesterday was fun though! Aimee came over and spent the day with me, which was beyond fun. I really enjoyed just having someone to talk to, and to hear about someone else's goings-on, instead of my own. My own life gets really old after a while!! I also taught her to knit. Another convert...[insert evil laugh here] Visiting, lunching, and knitting makes up a pretty damned good day in my opinion!

As soon as dinner is done and served, I am off duty for the weekend. I am in all sorts of interesting pain, but I did make myself get down on the floor and do a real yoga practice and meditate before my shower this afternoon, and I feel worlds better. Worlds. The pain is still there, but I'm able to work past it or at least ignore it some. Mondo lymphedema swelling in my legs and tummy from being up and around so much too. Bleh!

Sunday, I'm going to drag myself out of bed at the crack of dawn and actually get to a yoga class. And then I'm going to do it Monday. Lather, rinse, repeat. I've decided that yoga class is the one thing I can't live without now. What it does for my brain AND body is amazing. And I think the Zoloft is working.

My weekend is going to be dedicated to four things only:
  1. Resting
  2. Reading
  3. Yoga &
  4. Knitting snowmen (you'll see those later!)
That's about the state of the universe right now. Let's all pray to the deity of our choice that the hours of waiting to get my phone software updated actually makes it hold a charge. It's the little things right now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Checking in to say hello, wanted to let you know I check the blog daily, just in case you think there aren't that many of us lurking out there! It's been odd here in LA, 80's in November. Thank you as well for the update on the CatBoxChronicles, I see boxes everywhere! I went to visit Gavin, he's in Napa now and amazingly it still effects me as much as the last day. So, class is finally over and I am left with my 20-something wanta-be film editors and a group project. Can I vote more than one person OFF the island? How about 4? ANYway, life is economically scary in what's left of the Silicon Valley, so I'm in 'God is coming, look busy' mode. Mark is off to jolly old England to drum up some bands (pardon the pun) and I decided to stay because it's less than 50 degrees there as a high and the Pound is double the USD ;-) I hope you are better each day, keep on letting us know :) ~P