Tuesday, November 25, 2008

More countdowns

Tomorrow night at this time, I will be alone with my husband, sans children! Whee! And only another 8 days until oncology.

And tonight, we added a new milestone to our countdown list: Only nine more days until we have to have our entire house 90% ready to be painted. Yikes! We don't have to pack up and move everything, just large bunches of things, including emptying all my bookcases in the living room, and eventually, moving our giant bed into the middle of the room.

My original plans of a quiet, leisurely Thanksgiving have changed rather dramatically. I was planning on doing Christmas decorating, to make sure it got done before radiation....nope! Instead, we'll be going gangbusters to get the rooms prepped before the painting starts on the 4th. The AMAZINGLY GOOD NEWS about it though is that it's going to be done in three days. Three! That's it! I guess that's the payoff for hiring the same painter that the builder used to paint all the houses in the first place, huh?

It's going to be a hell of a lot of work, but the timing is good, because all the work in preparing and then putting the rooms back together should be done before I'm in radiation, and we'll have everything repainted and gorgeous before the holidays. I'll have to post photos as soon as it's all done. The colors we're using downstairs will be pretty dramatic changes.

Lots to do...........and I'm exhausted already! We got a few more Christmas gifts out of the way today, and we'll be shopping for a few more tomorrow in Roseville after we drop the kids off with Grandma. Almost done! (Sorry Dad...) At least I won't have to go near a retail outlet of any kind on Friday.

I'm trying to ignore the aches and pains and rest as much as I can, but you know how it goes. I hurt a lot, but I'm trying to ignore it. Now, it's finally time to shut down entirely and get some sleep. Sleep is good.

No comments: