Friday, February 13, 2009

Borderline humanity

Today, we are cautiously optimistic. Not necessarily optimistic about anything specific, like going out to my Valentine's dinner or something, just ever-so-slightly optimistic that I'm feeling better. I'm having some decent moments right about now, where I don't feel like barfing, haven't been having diarrhea, and other than a mild headache, things aren't too bad.

The feeling is actually so odd to me that I had to stop and think about it to figure out what it was!

And, of course, it could all chance in a heartbeat, hence all the caution. But I'll take what I can get!

A big victory for the day is that Lloyd is currently out picking up my new pain pills, after fun Medi-cal delay issue, so I don't have to worry about running out and going into withdrawls again. See, the stuff I was on has been discontinued--no one can get it anymore. So, we had to find something else, and submit all the stuff to Medi-Cal for approval. Nope....what Andy wanted to use wasn't on their formulary.

Sure, we could have paid cash for it...$750 for a month supply. No, that was not a typo. I have another pill, an anti-barf pill, which has a cash cost of over $550 for 12 pills. This shit is scary!

SO, Lorrie, Andy and I figured out another medicine that should do the job on my daily pain issues and keep me functional. In the meantime, while all of this was getting sorted out, I used some standard cheap Norco/Vicodin that we could pay cash for, but the problem with that is all the Tylenol in it. That's why we have such an issue in the long term--finding a med that isn't mixed with Tylenol or something so I don't end up with major liver or lung problems from all that aceteminophin.

My life is never boring.
Hopefully, getting this new stuff will mean that I can relax for a while. It's hard to work on the recuperating when I'm having to stress over getting the right meds and worrying that I might run out before the government approves my new stuff. Having the Medi-Cal coverage is a godsend, but understanding it takes a lot more brainpower than I have!

Let's all just hope for a continued march toward feeling human....onward....

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Even borderline humanity is an improvement. Yay!

Little by little, day by day it will get better. Just don't jump on those good moments too hard yet. Keep resting.

Love you
Mom