Thursday, February 12, 2009

More of the same...

Well, I went with the liquid diet yesterday, and then tried some white rice last night on the advice of my doctor. Barfed up the rice somewhere around 1 am, and still had diarrhea all night and this morning. More imodium, and maybe we'll see some improvement soon.

I guess that means I'm going to do pure liquid again today, and definitely no rice. I have GOT to get past this in time for Saturday, so that I can go out to my amazing Valentine's dinner. I am very excited about it--macadamia crusted halibut on coconut jasmine rice with a citrus-ginger sauce, followed by a red velvet cupcake. See why I'm excited?

So far today, I'm not even motivated enough to take a shower. I want to lay still and veg out completely, so that's what I'm doing. My darling husband sent me a gorgeous bouquet of longstemmed red roses (totally violating our "no gift" agreement!) and I just got finished clipping and fiddling with those, so now I'm tired. Little things like that count as exercise in my life at this point. I can't even imagine getting down on the floor and doing any sort of REAL exercise yet!

And I think that somehow the dogs have figured out that I'm supposed to be laying still. Both of them are laying with their heads across my legs and feet, which does a pretty good job of making sure I don't get up. They're in on it now, I guess.

See, I'm being good. I'm going to lay here like a slug and work on knitting and reading and goofing off on facebook and drinking my Gatorade. Pffffft.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

Ms. Pea and Mr. Sparky are wise.

And never, ever turn down roses. :)

Stick with the liquids a couple of days. You'll get your dinner.

Love you
Mom

Anonymous said...

Don't rush it for the hallmark holiday, I remember when my jaw was wired shut and nothing sounded more delicious than solid food, period. If it was a brand new expensive guitar or a fatty burrito, I would have chosen the burrito. But basically it is not worth the pain to try it too soon, I mean there are many a Saturday coming up, why not plan it out when your feeling better and go for something epic?

-bro'

Stephanie said...

Much wisdom, baby brother... And you're entirely right. If I feel horrible, there's no way I'm dressing up and driving for an hour and a half to eat amazing food that I might barf up. Nuh uh.

It just thoroughly sucks for my DH that he's always having to put holidays on hold for me. Us married people do care about the Hallmark holidays sometimes. Ok, before any of you say it, I KNOW, but it is true--the poor man didn't get to celebrate our June anniversary until November this year, and it's certainly not the first time. Happens to us all the time...I just feel bad that he's always having to miss out. I'm allowed to care about that, even if I can't do anything about it. He takes such good care of me, it would be nice to just have something small like that work out. His feelings definitely count too!!