Monday, February 9, 2009

The end is in sight...

Well, 12 hours from now, I'll be hooked up to an IV for my final chemo treatment. I've got flowers for the staff up in chemo, along with a coffee cake ring, and flowers and the little bracelets I made for the girls down in Radiation. It should be quite festive. I'm giving serious thought to wearing my jammies for the occasion--perhaps my flannel sock monkeys.

Right now, I'm combating this amazing new pain. It is actually amazing, in its scale, scope and discomfort. I've never had anything like this before. The entire back of my left thigh, from the knee all the way up into my butt feels like its on fire. It's kind of a tingly, very burn-y, weird thing like you wrapped a heating pad around the leg, only it HURTS. Major drugs don't make it go away. It started this morning on the way up the mountain to see the doctor for a little while and then went away and I forgot about it. It came back tonight and shows no signs of going anywhere. It changes a bit sometimes and burns differently, but that's about it. Bitch, moan, whine, whine. Ahhhhh!!!!

Ok, I'll quit bitching now. Since I started writing this, it has actually dulled down a bit and feels more weird than painful. I'll take what I can get. At least it's never boring to be me.

In other news, I saw Roni, who is Dr. Mazj's PA today for a general check-in. Everything is going as planned, and my blood work results are all looking ok too. My 60-oz-a-day Gatorade habit seems to be helping get my numbers up where they need to be. My bowels are still a very, very angry place to be. I was reading my giant cancer book tonight, and I think I may actually follow their advice and go on a full liquid diet for a few days to give my bowels a rest. I hadn't thought of that, but it seems like it would make sense.

But, I am doing a fairly decent job of recuperating and not pushing myself. I've been getting at least a short nap in every day, I don't feel rested, but I am napping, and otherwise blending into the couch. The most strenuous exercise I forsee this week is going to be putting away my laundry before I lose my mind.

I can't think of any other interesting updates, and I'm pretty well falling asleep, so I think that means it's time to go.... More to come, I'm sure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Steph!! You are almost there and I just think you are fantastic. I know a little doggy that would love to come and visit you!! I'll chat with you soon to fill you in on the episode going on at my house right now....

Jamie