Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I'M DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What else can I say?

Well, I can say that the wonderful ladies up in chemo gave me a nice little "graduation" certificate, just like I got from radiation. I took in flowers for them, and a coffee cake thing for everyone up there, and I did indeed wear my sock monkey flannel jammies. I got some interesting looks for that, even more so when Aimee & I stopped at Safeway and Walmart on the way home.


What's sad is I'm sitting here on the couch and every time I move my right arm, I keep unconsciously grabbing for my IV lines so they don't get caught. I don't HAVE any IV lines anymore, but I'm still doing it. I think I'm very tired.

The final session wasn't an easy one. They had to try several times to get a vein to cooperate, and the one that finally did was reluctant. We had to do some adjustments and none of it was comfortable. I also had to have several extra "things" today, and I'm not even sure what--different meds or fluids or something, so the whole session took almost as long as it took last week when I had to wait and have radiation afterward. Dunno... So I'm home, exhausted and trying to recover.

Otherwise, I'm just glad it's over. For some reason, this one just drained me. I need to eat something decent, maybe I'll get a little more energy that way. In any case, I get to sleep in tomorrow with no alarm clock (assuming I'm able to sleep through the night with diarrhea hell here) and zonk out all day long if I want. That will be a wonderful thing... Off to forage for food.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

All I have to say is hallelujah and cue the choir of angels.

It's been a long six weeks. I think you need to sleep for another six weeks to make up for it all.

Get on that. :)

Love you
Mom