Sunday, February 1, 2009

Side effects, and other fun


So, I was reading my special radiation and chemo books last night, checking up on all my fun side effects, and do you know what I found out? I found out that I have to look out for side effects that don't show up until SIX MONTHS after the treatments stop.
Six months! Does anyone really think that in six months, if I get dizzy, or have fatigue, joint pain, or appetite loss, that I'm really going to automatically think it's a chemo or radiation side effect? The list is astonishing...
And, unfortunately, this weekend, I have lots of them. I am finally experiencing some hair loss, but only in the area that was radiated, along with a lot of surface skin pain, and deeper flesh pain in the whole pubic and genital area. It just feels LOVELY. And I'm still sick. The antibiotics are helping, but I am still sick, so I'm sticking with Dr. Mazj's bed rest theory. I feel very guilty, sitting on my ass, but I feel like I'll probably fall over if I don't sit on my ass, so there you have it.
I need to go type up a concise list of all the millions of side effects I need to be watching for and treating. I think I have about 12 of them right now.
Oh, and the poll thing--just click one of the responses, once, please. I'm just really curious to see how many people are out there lurking...no need to ID yourselves, just to give me a number. I get the feeling that there are a lot more of you out there than I know about, which I find fascinating.
Hope everyone's having a good StuporBowl Sunday. I've been watching the Puppy Bowl, which I think is far more exciting...but that's just me. I'm a sucker for cute little fuzzies, but everyone knows that anyway.

No comments: