Saturday, February 21, 2009

Doing things, but not too many!

Honest, I am not overdoing it. I did offer to go to Aimee's this weekend and help her clean or do whatever she needed done, and she told me I wasn't allowed--I have to be functional enough to take care of her on Wednesday. That's fair, I can live with that.

And, I am no longer doing ALL the food for the reception. Greg's mother in law (Greg is Aim's brother) has graciously offered to come and cook the day of the services, which will be wonderful. I've had her cooking before, so we're all in for a treat! That means that I've only got a bit more to do, in little spurts, with lots of resting in between. I can fuss with my little bits of puff pastry and not stress at all.

See, it all works out in the end. I haven't taxed myself too much, and I'm still able to do what I can for Aim. Tif (Greg's wife) arrives here late tonight, so I'll talk to her tomorrow and we'll coordinate the final details on the food and all the food-related "stuff" like trays, serving pieces, coffee makers and such then. I think between the three of us, it'll be a breeze now. People always rally around when it's needed, you know?

So, no one needs to worry that I'm gonna knock myself out, honest. Yesterday, I got up way too early for some reason, and knocked out a big batch of cookies, cut and packed the brownies, and baked all the cheddar crackers. Then we went to Yuba City and I got my nails done (for the first time in months YAY, because chemo makes nails not adhere) while Lloyd went on a few errands; then we did a quick run through Walmart, and I was done for. Zonked, toast, done. I even fell asleep before Monk was over, and I didn't really watch any of it. Today, just some very easy things like toasting little crostini and caramelizing some onions. I love making little finger-food appetizers. If I had a catering business, that's what I'd specialize in.

Off to do some kitchen tidying...that'll be my real effort for the day. Lloyd shouldn't have to clean up after all of my creativity!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is good for you to help Amy right now. It's good to get outside of yourself and your troubles to help someone else.It satisfies something in your soul, especially if by nature you are a nurturer.Isn't it funny Steph, after all that you've been through, how normal life sneeks up on you?