Sunday, October 26, 2008

Aloha, and, Catbox Part III


Yesterday's fun at Jen's first birthday Luau was a blast. Admittedly, I wasn't there the whole time, but we went over for a little while at the beginning and I managed to eat FOUR crab & cream cheese wontons. Then, after a nice bath and resting, I saw that it was present opening time, so I headed back next door to watch the gifts being opened. That's always my favorite part.

The birthday girl, predictably, was far more entranced with the giant, billowing piles of colored tissue paper all over the lawn.
A belated full-Hippo-Birdie salute to Jen!

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I finally caught a picture of the elusive Princess Emma Miss KittyBoo in The Box. She didn't like having her photo taken, but at least I caught one before she left the box. With her, you almost need a blind and a telephoto.
The only other significant news to report today is that, if all goes as planned, I am going to make a tentative return to the real world today. What that means, in English, is that while I am not dismantling my little world up here by the bed yet (I'm not feeling THAT confident yet, by any means) but I'm going to attempt to spend the rest of the day downstairs, where real people are.

Tomorrow, we have to head down to Mt. View (ON ANOTHER MONDAY!!! aka no Mexican food in Hayward day) to see the oncologist and see how I'm really doing. I'm very hopeful that he'll tell me everything is great and I don't need to worry about any future treatment other than getting re-checks.

I'm less hopeful that I will want to do anything other than sleep for 2 days after making the trek. We shall see. I slept about an hour and a half later today than I normally do--usually, the pain wakes me up around 7:30 or 8--and today I was zonked until well after 9, and all I did yesterday was sit in a chair and eat wontons, so I never know from one minute to the next. My next activity for the day shall be showering, and hoping that doesn't take all the energy I've got. It might. You never know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph, I will be at the Presidio SF at a client site in the AM but back in the Easy Bay in the afternoon, if you're around let me know, maybe that Elephant bar run?

Thanks for the CatBox update, and oh yes, I guess we will go to the reunion, I see the date is set at 10/10/09, so if any of you who read this blog wanta come with us, it's official we're going!

Hope to see you soon~P