Friday, October 3, 2008

I'm back...........

I'm very, very, very tired, and dealing with a myriad of side effects and "icks" as I call them, but I am indeed back. I'm thrilled to be home. Doggies and fluffy kitty cats do wonders for morale, and I'm surrounded by them.

After surviving the trip home from the hospital, I've been settling in at home and doing a lot of sleeping. (and realizing that I've forgotten how to type over the last week or so) This is the first time I've had the energy to pick up the computer, so forgive me if I'm slow at getting back to emails and all. It's going to take me a while to ramp back up!
On the medical side, I seem to have a urinary tract infection (yay), and some slight surface infections where my nasty catheter is sewn to me. When he mentioned a catheter, I figured he meant your standard Foley cath, which goes through the urethra; OH NO, I had to get a suprapubic catheter, which is somehow going from the outside of me to the inside of me, by means I'm not interested in understanding, and is sutured in four places. ICK. I hate this thing. I have hot flashes alternating with fever chills. I have all sorts of other icky things, but as I keep reminding myself, they're all better than cancer, right?

Monday, we head back down to Mtn View to get the nasty thing removed, and hopefully my quality of life will increase dramatically at that point!!!

On the non-medical side, Auntie is here, which is a huge morale boost for me and everyone else in the household, especially a certain little girl who gets home from camp today. Thank you to everyone for the good wishes, flowers, visits, goodies, cows, notes and everything else. And especially thank you to the CIO for her detailed updates! I promise to catch up on email as soon as I can. The energy level is still low, but it gets better every day, a little at a time.

PS: A special Hippo Birdie to my favorite guitar player! (even if I am 2 days late)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph, I'll be in the Bay Area on Monday, let me know if you have time to go for Margarita's or something while you're in and around Mt. View! ;-)
Pabs

Jaime said...

Having enough energy to pick up the computer is a step up.

Sleep, rest and let Auntie take care of you. I'll call again in a few days.

Love you
Mom