Monday, October 13, 2008

Blurgh.

That't the most creative title I could come up with. I'm feeling the effects of my "active" weekend in a very, very big way. I took a walk, F O U R whole houses down the street to the mailbox to mail a letter, so I did my exercise for the day. Now I am staying in bed. My incision hurts, and I'm sick. I woke up with the distinct impression that I have a cold or flu starting, which is the last thing I need, obviously. Sneezing is out of the question. It simply will not be allowed. But, my head hurts, I have the sniffles, my ears hurt and are plugged up the wazoo and I feel like crap. Even if I had any doubts about whether I was actually coming down with something, they can be immediately silenced by the fact that I'm dying for fried chicken. Since childhood, being sick = craving fried chicken. Don't ask me why, but it's true, isn't it Mom? My loving husband is making a pilgrimage to KFC while in Chico, so all should be well soon. I'm guessing that this whole cancer-and-major-invasive-surgery thing means my immune system is probably a little bit wussy right now, so I'm going to try and take extra care. I'm going back to bed now with my favorite book this hour, "Wesley The Owl: The Remarkable Love Story of an Owl and His Girl." I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Not sure I'd call KFC fried chicken, but I guess it works. *g*

No getting super sick allowed. It was probably all the kidlets at the roller rink. They just love to infect the unsuspecting.

Nap, knit and watch bad movies so you can point and laugh.

Love you
Mom