Thursday, October 23, 2008

Better. Better is good.

Better is definitely good. I'm still not feeling as well as I was before the evil infection came along, but I'm on the way back. I have been taking my baths and working very actively on healing. I know that "working very actively on healing" may sound totally bizarre to some, but there is a method to the madness. It involves VERY light stretching (all I have to do is sit on the floor and spread out my legs and it stretches parts of me that aren't getting used), meditation and guided visualizations. (Thank you Megan!)

I was really down yesterday for a while, and I knew I had to pull out of the funk somehow AND I had what felt like a sudden, acute, severe fibro attack in my upper body in the evening. Not a good day. Drastic steps were needed... So, instead of going to Roseville with the rest of the gang, I did what was good for me and stayed home, rearranged my bed-world to put me in better positions, did my visualizations, slept, and soaked in the tub like a good girl.

While I had really wanted to go along for the Gardasil shot, it turned out to be ok that I didn't. She said it didn't even really hurt when she got the shot, and as of last night, she had no swelling whatsoever. I'm crossing my fingers and toes for no major side effects. Of course, we still haven't told her what they are yet, and I don't plan to. Evil stepmother.

Today's plan is more of the same. I'm trying to eat (still a major hurdle, I'm down a bit more weight now), trying to remember to take my iron pills, and working on trying to heal. I think the first order of business is going to be a little stretch, a bath, clean jammies, and some knitting and tv, assuming I can get my darling husband to sit down for a while and watch some tv with me. We have something like 20 hours of recorded new fall shows to catch up on! And Grey's Anatomy is on again tonight! Yikes!

Oh, and we're off to see the oncologist on Monday. MONDAY, again. BOOOOOO! My Hayward restaurant is not open on Mondays anymore, so this will be yet another Bay Area trip without Mexican food. I am totally depressed. I'll have to think of something else Bay Area-ish to try and crave. (Any suggestions?!) But I'm still allowed to pout, damnit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bay area favorites in no order:
1.blondies pizza
2. vegan Chinese in mountain view
3. La Victoria in san jose (home of the orange sauce) if you haven't tried it you need to.
4.Ethiopian food in saratoga or oakland
5.tako sushi is pretty good sushi for an awesome price, its on telegraph

keep healing

-brother