Friday, October 24, 2008

Throw another bat on the grille, Part II

Steve is still with us... At the end of our errands today, we went to the car wash, so I grabbed another photo of Steve beforehand, just in case the car wash damaged him. Luckily, it didn't, and he's actually nice and shiny clean now. My silly husband never did clean him off the car, so we're calling him a mascot these days. He's very seasonally appropriate right now.

Hmm, maybe I could charge neighborhood kids a quarter to see a real bat on Halloween...

Otherwise, our expedition went well, and I am now so exhausted I don't even know what to say. Nails, lunch, Walmart, and then sitting in the car outside Petco and the car wash. That's all the energy I have left for today.

Earlier I was craving my spanish rice recipe and thought about getting ambitious, but it's going to have to wait for tomorrow. I can sit at my stool at the counter to chop the veggies, but even that is too ambitious for tonight. Actually, probably Sunday, depending on how much we gorge ourselves on homemade traditional Hawaiian food next door tomorrow for baby's first birthday luau. Mmmmm.........
Meanwhile, I'll lay on my bed and rest with...this...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nails are amazing. Men will never understand but sometimes a mani-pedi will right the world.I am glad you are better but was wondering...if Steve is still not entirely decomposed by Christmas will you at least cover him with a wreath? He makes me queasy.Or give him to Pea to play with, he goes well with Devil Man.

Jaime said...

You have no idea how hard Steve the bat makes me laugh. Don't you dare take him off and give him to Pea. *g*

I'm so glad you're feeling better and the field trip went well. Keep feeling better. That's an order.

Love you
Mom

Anonymous said...

What happens when a biologist learns to knit...

http://whywouldyouknitthat.blogspot.com/2008/09/this-is-what-happens-when-biologist.html

apropos on several levels.

d.o.d.