Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Update, take 2

Many things are better. Dancing chickens kind of better!

I tried to update yesterday, but blogger ate it. Bad blogger. I was able to get the oncologist to give the ok for the gyn up here in Chico to remove the horrendous tube, and he did, almost-painlessly. Almost. But it is GONE!!!!!!!! Within an hour, I could walk straighter, and was in less discomfort and felt like a huge weight was lifted.

Even more exciting, the gyn gave me permission to take nice hot soaks in the tub, checked everything and said it was healing well, and generally gave me some nice, close attention that made me feel good. If anyone ever needs a referral to a GREAT doc up here in Chico, by all means, let me know. I owe Aimee big time on all this!

Dearest Auntie voluntarily took over the barf-cleaning mission from Lloyd, who Auntie says was turning green pretty much all over. Most everything in the bedroom was saved, including the lives of many stuffed animals, and the little one and I (and of course the stuffed animals) are deeply grateful.

In short, it all worked out in the end, but we couldn't have done it without her! Whew!

I think all the combined stress from Monday hit me yesterday, so after Lloyd left to take Auntie to the airport (our attempts to keep her from ever leaving didn't work) I took a nice hot bath (dr's orders!) and then crawled in bed and slept for what turned out to be the entire day. The ENTIRE day. I remember vague snippets of things before finally waking up and staying awake somewhere after 8 pm, and I was back down for the count just after 10, like normal. I think I was tired.

Goals for the day are exciting things like taking another bath and not sleeping all day. I don't think I'm going to get much more ambitious than that. Ambition is overrated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! For baths and feeling better and wonderful auntie and Aimee & everything.

d.o.d

Jaime said...

You know, I was going to call last night and I just kept thinking I should wait. Now I'm glad I did.

I can't tell you how glad I am that you feel this much better. Relieved doesn't even come close.

Rest, eat, and do some heavy-duty goofing off.

Love you
Mom