Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Wet Halloween!

Ah, it's that wonderful day of the year... Halloween is traditionally a big deal around here. We've got all the components--major spooky yard decor, a crabby black cat, a skull on the bannister and two great pumpkins. (And don't forget Steve, our little batty "outside pet.")

Unfortunately, we also still have Martian Death Flu, and rain. Lloyd relapsed, so he's back to being totally miserable after seeming to have been well for a couple of days. I still haven't manifested symptoms like his--I'm not coughing, my throat isn't swollen, no lost voice--but I've got head congestion, it really hurts when I breathe in, and every muscle in my body aches in so many ways I can't describe it.
And it's wet and icky outside, so we can't do the rest of our mondo yard decor we like to do--even if we WERE well enough to do it!
(Anna's pumpkin)

Talk about a major bummer! Trick-or-treating will continue as usual though, and here's a HUGE shout-out of thanks to our awesome friend Jamie for offering to take Anna out with a group from the neighborhood so that we can stay inside and rest.
I've been saying for a while, we really did hit the jackpot on neighbors on this court! I'm sure Anna will have a great time going out with the group--it's always more fun that way.

(<----- Trevor's "Adorkable" pumpkin)
This year, Anna is a goth vampire from the 1850s. Trevor and Conner are their usual faceless specter-reaper-things. I'm going as a cancer patient in flannel sock monkey pajamas. I bet I'll be the only one on the block.

Hope everyone else out there is having a great Halloween! Back to laying still for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mos' def adorkable. :D

d.o.d.

Anonymous said...

Trevor, I'da known ya anywhere, well done!