Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A little better

Today, we are cautiously optimistic. The great news of the day is that all indications are NO fistula. Trust me, that's a major biggie. Fistula would mean more surgery of some sort or another.

Otherwise, I'm very, very, very tired, and in a pretty good amount of pain, but I expected all of that. I did more walking yesterday than I'd done since surgery, by a few miles or so, and the exam and cleaning at the doctor's left me pretty well miserable. I took my first bath, and got very bored. I am not good at sitting still and doing nothing, and a ridiculously silly fuzzy cat keeps a l m o s t jumping in with me. Last night, he balanced himself on his stomach on the side of the tub, dipping his paws in the water and then licking the water off of them.

And remember how I said that my new fuzzy Eeyore was about the same color as my fuzzy cat? Here's proof:

Sometimes it is hard to tell where one ends and the other begins, especially in low light.

I think that's about it for now. I'm going to rest and try and catch up on some email backlog. Or sleep. Sleep is definitely an option...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph,
So glad to hear that there is progress; slow and gradual, but at least progress. Enjoy what you can of this down time; there will be much to do when you are good and ready. Hope the rest of the family is doing well. I truly appreciate the efforts you are making to keep us informed by blogging.

Hugs,
Sue