Thursday, October 9, 2008

Ho Hum

There is very little, if anything, to report. That's good news on one hand, boring news on the other. I'm bored. I'm only 2 weeks out of surgery and the cabin fever is setting in, which is very, very not good. I keep thinking of projects I want to do, but they all involve being somewhere and doing something other than laying in my bed. I'm supposed to still be laying in my bed. Grrr.

I need to force myself to get into a good book or two. Or something. I keep falling prey to that "must be doing something productive" syndrome now that I'm home, which is really frustrating. I can go do some holiday shopping online, I suppose....BLURGH.

Ok, yesterday was 2 full weeks out from surgery. It seems like a hell of a lot longer in some ways. Maybe I should decide that I'm allowed to go downstairs and work on holiday gift projects (those which require sitting at the counter on my stool or something, not laying in bed or on the couch) once I hit 4 weeks. Is that reasonable?

2 comments:

Jaime said...

The only way you're going to get your strength back is to get up and move around some. Not lift things or exhaust your self, but moving a little more each day is good for you. If all you do is lie in bed it's going to take longer for you to recover.

I did the major surgery bit four times. I got back to normal fastest after the C-section with Chris because I had to go back to the hospital every four hours to feed him. I moved more and got well faster.

I'd say two weeks out that anything that doesn't cause you pain or isn't strictly forbidden is fair game. If it's not 100 degrees out, have Lloyd take you for short walks everyday.

And if all else fails, just think how much progress you could make on a shawl for your mother in a few weeks. *g*

Love you
Mom

darcy said...

I ditto your mom on the getting up and walking around bit. Michael made me walk to the NICU to see Grace after my C Section just 24 hours after.... I was back to normal within a week. (Of course a C Section being a little easier to recover from than what you went through).