Sunday, January 25, 2009

Chemo side effects bite.

Icky evil chemo side effects!!!

So, after last weekend's horrible mess of sickness, we were pretty leery this week, watching to see if the chemo was going to knock me on my ass again. Thursday-ish, it started to act like it was, so we went into damage control mode right away.

Gatorade and resting and food seem to have helped but I STILL came down with a good case of diarrhea overnight Friday/Saturday. It took two doses of Imodium to fix it. Since this started when it did, when I got up Saturday morning, I immediately made a nest on the couch, grabbed more Gatorade, and stayed very, very still. After the 2nd dose of Imodium kicked in, I felt well enough to shower, but that was it for my big exertions for the day.

Eventually, I helped a little bit with dinner making, but then I went back to staying still, and even went to bed early, and so far, so good. The diarrhea hasn't come back, although it seems to want to, and no vomiting. I think I feel well enough to go to Walmart and get my new glasses, which will make me very happy, because I really need them. I'm becoming quite blind.

So, we're heading out, and we'll see how much that takes out of me. I'm going to try and make it a short trip, because I HATE taking even 5 minutes of time out of my glorious, cancer center-free weekend. Only two more weeks. Only two more weeks.
Oh. Only two more weeks of the every day...then we move on to the other stuff. Gag.

No comments: