Thursday, January 8, 2009

Water, water, water everywhere...

Nope, not a drop to drink...or at least, in my case, far too few drops getting drinked...drank...drunk...whatever the hell the proper word here is!

I'm still having nasty morning nausea, almost like morning sickness. We head out to Paradise, I try not to barf all the way there. But, at least if I do barf, it's generally dry heaves. No more fun, but far less damaging.

BUT, being so sick to my tummy all the time, means very, very little enters the tummy, which means that this whole mondo-hydration thing isn't working out at all.

So, today after radiation, we wandered upstairs to let the chemo folks know that I wasn't getting enough water in to keep hydrated, and next thing we know, I'm in a chair getting hooked up to an infusion machine. Surprise! An hour and a half or so later, I was set free, far more hydrated thanks to the fluids, and far, far less barfy thanks to the drugs. It appears that any time I'm having such issues, I can call and make an appt to go have it fixed. This is very good news.

Let's see...I think the only other updates are that I have appts with both an ophthalmologist (tomorrow) and the nice dermatologist (Monday? I forget) to get my eyes and skin dealt with. The skin, eh, whatever, but my EYES!!!!!!!!!!! Christ, this is the latest (8:34 pm) I have been able to see well enough to read or use the computer in days and it's on the way out. CAN NOT wait to find out what in hell is going on, aside from overall fatigue.

Oh, and HAIR. Well, it's time to deal with hair. The dermatologist yesterday said, very matter of factly, that my hair will be falling out soon. A nice lady (another patient) today shared some tips about how the hair is "dying" right now and what will start happening any day now. SO, tomorrow, I'm going to visit Amber in the very early morning to get some locks braided and cut off for those who might want a lock of my hair (including myself!) and then get a nice, short, choppy, flippy cut until it's time to do the shaving.

And now, the eyes are going. I've gone as far as I can go....busy day tomorrow. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am still so amazed at how strong you are. You are a complete inspiration.
If you ever get to the point that you want anyone to go with you to get a wig, I'll go with you! I wouldn't mind driving to you.
Anything else you need help with from someone here in the Bay area, please don't hesitate to call. ;)
XOXO
~Lisa Vigil