Saturday, January 17, 2009

Weekend revelry

Well, as you probably guessed, there was no George sighting yesterday. A sighting would have merited a blog entry, so...

But, yesterday's visit to get nuked was short and sweet and late in the afternoon, meaning I'd had a full 24 hours of entirely cancer-crap-free time. Now, I have an entire weekend of cancer-crap-free time, with a late nuking on Monday as well. I slept in later than I'd like, meaning I wasted perfectly good goofing off time, but such is life. I am killing time right now while a child showers, then it's my turn to get clean, and then I can melt into the couch cushions to knit all day long.

As gleeful as I may be that it is the WEEKEND (and I am indeed gleeful!), I am also feeling some pretty serious effects of cancer-hell at the moment. I really, really don't feel good. I think some serious couch-melting is going to be mandatory, since nothing else seems to be working out very well thus far, including coffee. That means I'm going to have a hell of a headache later. Grr. Right now, I am lamenting the fact that I left my anti-nausea meds upstairs...Oh, but my darling husband appeared, and is retrieving the drugs. Yay for my DH. He appears at just the right moments.

So, I am nauseous, kind of dizzy, headachy, body achy, and feel generally all over physically SICK, which I'm attributing to the chemo and radiation and cancer in general. I could be wrong, but it seems like a valid hypothesis. I am also in a rather significant amount of pain, off and on, from the evil neuropathy in my thigh and genital area. Joy to the world. There's your update.

One other update, before I go off to play with yarn, I see from facebook that we are about to be treated to a new Verizon Wireless commercial featuring the one and only Dottie Jones, actress extraordinaire. Keep your eyes peeled. (Go Dot!)

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Can you keep tea down? Tea with lemon or some kind of spice might work better than coffee and would ward off the caffeine headache. It's an idea anyway.

Yes, goof off and stay hydrated. I keep telling you the world will be waiting for you when you're done with all this crap.

Love you
Mom

THE PRINCESS of everything ... said...

hang in there ..... humor helps, sleep makes it go away for a while :o). hugs, DeDe