Saturday, September 13, 2008

Circus Day!!!!

Today marks the official beginning of the weekend long celebration of Anna's 11th birthday!
This is, of course, a grand event. I made very sure that no medical bull interfered with the celebrations. Today, we'll be having brunch, and then leaving for the drive down to the Sacramento area around1:30. Late lunch/early dinner at Macaroni Grill (birthday girl's choice), followed by a stop at Grandma's and then off to the big Ringling Bros. Barnum & Bailey circus. The kids have never been to a B I G circus like this before, and I think they're really going to be wowed.
Now, y'all may have your own feelings about whether circuses with animals are good or bad, from an animal rights perspective, and that's fine, but from all the deep reading and research I've done, I find that the big Ringling show is actually not a bad place at all. I respect that others disagree with me, but I'm a pretty big animal lover, I've researched it quite a bit and I'm pretty comfortable with what I know. Smaller regional shows and fly-by-night outfits...entirely different story. But Ringling is generally a good place, IMHO.

90 minutes before the show, they have "animal open house" out in the parking lot, where you can get pretty close to the animals, and then for 60 minutes before the show, you have all-access to the actual show rings on the floor of the arena, to watch an elephant paint and all kinds of other stuff. It should be a kick for them.

Tomorrow, we'll cook dinner at home, possibly with a couple of guests, and have cake and presents. For the next two full days, I get to not have cancer if I choose. I get to have fun. So there! Take that cancer.
Hippo Birdie Two Ewe Deer Anna!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Anna Bananna. For my 11th birthday I got a Beatles poster and record, a giant bottle of pine scented bubble bath,and a party.It was mostly girls, and I lip synced to "It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want To". I think I stood on a chair to sing. I hope when you're as old as me you can remember the circus.Have fun and don't get eaten by an elephant.

Anonymous said...

I remember when you took me to the circus when I was wee one, I actually didn't throw up on that trip. Fun times!

Jaime said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Anna. I hope it was the best one ever.

Love
Jaime