Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hopeful...



Today, we are hopeful. Some serious digging and phone calling has been done, and it SEEMS that I'm going to be covered by a government program affliliated with Medi-Cal, just for the treatment of breast or cervical cancer.

Tomorrow, we have to drive up to Paradise to meet a nice woman at the cancer center there, who will get all of my paperwork processed, and hopefully have an indentification number for treatment by mid-afternoon.

We're still not sure exactly which parts of doctor bills and post-surgery treatments would be covered under the program, but it SEEMS that the entire hospital bill would be covered at 100%.

I count no chickens until they are hatched, but right now it appears I should be on a fast track to getting some of this chaos paid for. We'll be getting up early and heading out and hoping for the best. By getting all of this processed tomorrow, thanks to this wonderful person at Feather River Hospital's cancer center, some of my oncology visit on Monday could be covered.

Yay for progress! Had a great visit, and my favorite guitar player left this morning, after he and I completed our de riguer ritual visit to the local diner for a giant, greasy breakfast. Unfortunately, the pain has been pretty horrible today, but help is on the horizon...

I've also been getting lots of emails, and to all of you, thank you, I love you, and I'm working on writing you back just as soon as I can.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Best news I've heard all week. Yay yay!

I will cross all fingers and toes.

Love you

Mom