Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"Nothing Scary"

And I quote, "nothing scary," is what the mammogram technician, ultrasound technician and radiologist on duty said they saw when they did a quick-read on my films yesterday.
Now, of course, that little bitty irritating lump that I can find with no trouble at all did like the weird noise your car makes when you take it to the mechanic. You know, the noise that refuses to show up when anyone mechanically inclined listens for it? Yeah, the little booger can apparently be only felt or found by me, not by medical personnel.
But, I'll take whatever good news I can get. The mammo films will get a thorough read by a radiologist, and then actually some sort of second read by CAD-based software, which has stats saying it detects up to 71% of cancers missed by standard human interpretation of the films. That works. Hopefully, "nothing scary" will remain the operative answer though.
Today's goal is zen. I'm heading up to Chico to the yoga studio to have a nice RN yoga instructor try to teach me to relax.
HA.
HA.
HA!
Pretty funny, isn't it? I should probably be offering to pay the poor woman double her normal fee.
Om...........

No comments: