Tuesday, September 23, 2008

T-minus 26 hours and counting...

Hmm, so far nothing is going as planned today. I've only been out of bed for 15 minutes, and that's the first thing that isn't working as planned. The plan was to get up at 9, get the bathroom scoured clean, and then have plenty of time to eat my leftover sweet and sour shrimp for breakfast, get showered and dressed and head to my massage at noon. It's nearly 10, and I haven't even made it to anything besides crawling out of bed, because I feel like hell.

Imagine that, feeling like shit the day before my cancer surgery. The nerve of my body! All I have to say is that I have to get the bathroom cleaned before I leave tomorrow, and I have to finish packing and setting up my bedroom. Those are pretty much the absolute-must items on my list for the day. The massage is just a nice thing.

Regardless, the important thing is that tomorrow at this time I will be somewhere between here and there, wending my way toward surgery and freedom from this alien nastiness growing inside me. Unfortunately, I'll be dehydrated as hell and undoubtedly very crabby about that, but such is life. It will still be cause for celebration. I'll take the victories I can get.

I almost feel better-enough to go clean my bathroom. See, things are moving forward... I want to stretch my last solid food for at least a week as close to my noon cut-off as possible, so breakfast has to wait a while longer. One thing at a time...

No comments: