Monday, September 8, 2008

Watch This Space --------->

Ahh, it's oncology day, and I'm a nervous wreck! Doesn't help that I've been up and down since 4 am in pain. Hopefully my nice new oncologist will be able to do something about that too. I guess I always knew that cancer SUCKED, obviously, but for some reason it never registered to me just how much it HURT. I think I always associated the pain with the chemo or something, not with the cancer itself, before treatment.

And then there are the times when I feel utterly normal and could forget I had the damned thing. They are brief, fleeting times, but they do exist.

Anyway, we're off around 11, and no idea when we'll be back-sometime after the 3 pm appointment is done, fighting our way back up 237 at rush hour, making our way to Hayward for dinner (if it kills me, I am eating dinner in Hayward!!!!!!!!!!!!), fighting rush hour across the bridge up in Benicia, and fighting rush hours up 80 until we hit 113. Lloyd thinks 10 pm, I'm leaning more toward 8:30, so we'll see. If it takes until 10, I will not be pleased.

Luckily, we have three very capable kids around these days, and some wonderful neighbors backing us up, so I don't feel like I have to worry about things here at all.

Since I have no idea what I'll learn at this visit today, and how earth-shaking it is, and how soon I'll be back in front of a computer to post it, I've moved the Twitter feed up to the top of the page. If there is anything earth-shaking to report, like a surgery date or something, I'll Twitter it in from the road. Or, if I just get bored. Damn, I love technology!

All I gotta say is that I really hope this visit gives me some concrete, useful information, like when surgery will be, what kind of treatment to expect afterward, some approximation of how bad this booger is, stuff like that. SOMETHING that I can use to show some sort of progress. I think that hope is why I'm so antsy. I'm ready to be done now.

I'd post another catbox picture, but it would look suspiciously like the first one, even if it is another day. Maybe I should keep a scoreboard. So far, since I've paid attention this week, it's Oz 3, Oliver 1, Gracie 0. Poor Emma doesn't try very hard.
Today I am very, very anxious, but cautiously hopeful.
I'll go knit now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, no dinner in Hayward, new hours mean they are closed on Mondays :(

BTW, I was closer to being right on the time we would get home. It was about 10:30pm.