Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Quick, like a bunny!

Today's theme reflects more Getting Things Done. Quite a few things got Done yesterday, and I'm happy to report that my desk is actually cleaner than it's ever been since it was first assembled. When we were moving in to the house, we got the keys a couple weeks before the movers brought our actual furniture, and were back and forth constantly to take deliveries, set things up, you name it. This desk, the kitchen "mission control," such as it is, was the first piece of actual furniture assembled in the house, and it + 2 cheap folding chairs served as the only place we had to sit and eat while we were up here. From that point on, it's always been a very busy place.

It's waaaaay cleaner than this now!
I have to confess though I got all the cleaning done, I still haven't done my filing. I hate filing. All the medical crapola is neatly stacked in my wire organizer awaiting folders and labels, and the non-medical crapola is stuffed in a hanging file in the file cabinet. Deal with it.
I discovered that being so productive also made me completely exhausted and in pain. Oops. Lloyd and I discussed that I should perhaps be planning time on my schedule for a nap most, if not all, days. If I don't take one in the afternoon, I tend to crash out in the evening. I'm great once I get going on a project, but when I stop, the crash back to earth is pretty brutal. Ouch.
So, today, we're off to Chico for CT scans, xrays and drugs, oh my! Before it's time to go, I have multiple phone calls to make to several different doctors and other randomness to see to. After, I will take a nap. Very exciting, but my visitor is delayed for a day, so he won't be arriving until tomorrow. I suppose I can wait one more day. Lloyd is going with me to Chico, and just in case I have an eensy panic attack in the CT scanner, that would be good.

Hmm...I know I had something else I was going to update on here, but I completely spaced out and forgot what it was! Ah well, the important things are that I feel relatively human today, albeit in some pretty steady lower back and crampy pain, and that I'm going to go get tests done, which make me feel like I'm DOING SOMETHING about this crap instead of just spinning my wheels. It's a start.
I may be slow responding to people's comments and individual emails, but I am getting them, and thank you, very very much!

No comments: