Friday, September 19, 2008

Support, and then some

Wowee, I do live in a small town!

I've been very open about telling our friends and neighbors that I have cancer, put the magnet on my car, you know. Our neighbors have offered us every bit of help and support we could ever need or want, and they're amazing. But that's just our street, right? Today, I'm learning what a small town we live in.

The secretary at the middle school, Meredith, is a sweetheart and has been a great help since we moved in, so of course we told her. Next thing I know, she's offering me her thoughts and prayers and support and offering to look out for Anna if she got upset at school while I was in the hospital. Then we pick up Anna's homework packet, and one of her teachers wrote on the assignment sheet that he'd gone through a similar hard time in his family last year, and wanted to talk to her about it and help her through it.

THEN we get a card in the mail from our local B of A, signed by everyone in the branch, thanking us for our business and expressing their support and good wishes for me getting through this.
Hand written.

I'm just kind of blown away! Not in a bad way, but it's totally surreal.

No comments: